Tag: 阿拉爱上海1314

M&S key link to city centre project

first_imgCouncil to seek expressions of interest in large tract of landEXPRESSIONS of interest in a prime city centre site are to be sought by City Council, which could result in the long awaited arrival of Marks & Spencer.It is understood that M&S are part of current negotiations, as are the Roche Group, which has leased its former Roches Stores premises to Debenhams.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up The area involved includes Sarsfield Street, lower O’Connell Street and Liddy Street, as well as the vacated Dunnes Stores site and a section of Arthur’s Quay Park.An impeccable source has confirmed to the Limerick Post that although the council will officially advertise for expressions of interest, “there really is only one gig in town, and that is the developer, Michael Tiernan.”It has also been confirmed that a prominent Limerick city business woman is involved.Some years ago, the Limerick Post exclusively revealed Mr Tiernan’s plan to demolish the aforementioned city centre block.The proposed development, put on hold when the Opera Centre was approved, is now, according to reliable sources, “ready to roll.”Marks and Spencer are being sought as anchor tenant, and serious talks are taking place.“The area is ripe for development and there is no impediment to the title, if approval is given by the Department of the Marine,” the Limerick Post was toldShortly before going to press, this newspaper was informed that Mr Tiernan, brother-in-law of accountant Gerry Boland, closely associated with JP McManus, is also keen to purchase the Opera Centre, which would be a welcome development for the council.Another source told the Limerick Post: “Mr Tiernan, who developed the Arthur’s Quay Shopping Centre, would ideally like to attract M&S to the city.“Such a move would gain the goodwill of the council, which would have reservations about any possible entry of M&S into Arthur’s Quay Park, a proposal which had been put on the table”. WhatsApp NewsLocal NewsM&S key link to city centre projectBy admin – September 1, 2011 562 Twitter Email Facebookcenter_img Advertisement Print Linkedin Previous articleParent fumes at €650+ voluntary contributionNext article‘Cops’ on trail of copper thieves in city and county adminlast_img read more

Continue Reading

Governor Wolf Announces Funding to Repurpose the United Mine Workers of America Career Centers’ Training Center to Connect Dislocated Workers with Family-Sustaining Employment

first_img Economy,  Education,  Jobs That Pay,  Press Release,  Workforce Development Prosperity, PA – Today, Governor Tom Wolf was joined by Senator Camera Bartolotta and Representative Pam Snyder to announce $3 million in funding to repurpose the existing training facilities of United Mine Workers of America Career Centers’ (UMWACC) to provide broader retraining for dislocated workers focused on high priority occupations.“Since I became governor, I have worked hard to ensure that when state government is investing in our local communities and we are directing our resources towards projects that give our citizen’s the greatest possible chance to obtain good, high-paying jobs in meaningful careers,” said Governor Wolf. “It’s important that all Pennsylvanians have a pathway to the middle-class, and can contribute to our businesses and the overall economy of Pennsylvania. This project delivers on those goals, and I am proud to partner with UMWACC in this effort.”The Redevelopment Capital Assistance Program (RACP) funds will be used to repurpose the UMWACC existing training facilities including the construction of a new Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) pad, along with a diesel building addition, and roof repairs to the existing facility.“It is our intent to develop a state of the art workforce training center for dislocated miners, their children, and for anyone wanting to train for economic advancement,” said Clemmy Allen, Executive Director, United Mine Workers of America Career Centers. “With this Redevelopment Assistance Capital Program grant from the commonwealth, we will begin the process of constructing a first-class adult workforce training center in Greene County.”The funding will support UMWACC’s efforts to provide broader retraining for dislocated workers to get them back to work by will collaborating with area technical centers and community colleges to connect dislocated workers with training that will prepare them for occupations such as those requiring a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), as well as advanced manufacturing and cybersecurity.“This vocational training facility is exactly the type of pro-growth strategy we need for family-sustaining job creation that will revitalize our communities,” said Senator Bartolotta. “My thanks go out to Governor Wolf and his team for recognizing the importance of this project to the local economy and taking the time to visit the site firsthand. The completion of this project will open up a wealth of new job opportunities by equipping local workers and those affected by coal mine closure with the skills needed in important emerging markets.”“The state grant will spark new, UMWA retraining programs for unemployed workers and represents a valuable investment in the local workforce and economy,” said Representative Snyder, D-Greene/Fayette/Washington and a chairman of the House of Representatives’ Coal Caucus. “I thank Governor Wolf and all those who have pursued this worthwhile funding that will upgrade job skills and better position local working families for the 21st century economy.”The project will include several phases beginning with the dismantling of the 40,000 square-foot simulated coal mine and renovations to include a new concrete floor, classroom space, computer labs, restrooms, and a study/lounge area. At the same time, and in order to support the CDL program, UMWACC will demolish and remove the tin smoke mine located on the lower property to prepare the site for the CDL pad. It is estimated that during the initial phase approximately 400 workers will be trained, with no less than 85 percent placed in family-sustaining employment.The United Mine Workers of America Career Centers, Inc. (UMWACC), was established under the United Mine Workers of American (UMWA) in 1996 to service dislocated workers. The UMWA Career Centers, Inc. has provided comprehensive job training and placement services to more than 6,807 dislocated miners in Pennsylvania and West Virginia. Of the 6,807 dislocated miners enrolled in UMWA Career Centers, Inc. programs, more than 4,480 of them received training and 4,342 of them returned to the workforce in jobs earning an average wage of $18.74 plus benefits. Governor Wolf Announces Funding to Repurpose the United Mine Workers of America Career Centers’ Training Center to Connect Dislocated Workers with Family-Sustaining Employment January 11, 2018center_img SHARE Email Facebook Twitterlast_img read more

Continue Reading

New Nevis cabinet sworn in

first_img Share St Kitts-Nevis’ Prime Minister Dr Denzil Douglas (R) congratulates Premier Joseph Parry and at the swearing-in ceremony of NIA ministersCHARLESTOWN, Nevis — At a ceremony attended by the prime minister of St Kitts-Nevis, Dr Denzil Douglas, the five ministers of the Nevis Island Administration (NIA) were officially sworn in on Tuesday.Joseph Parry remains Premier and Minister of Finance, Statistics and Economic Planning, Education and Library Services, Human Resources, Tourism and Labour.Hensley Daniel will serve as the island’s Deputy Premier and Minister of Health, Gender, Social Affairs, Youth and Sports, Community Affairs, Trade, Industry, Culture and Telecommunications.Robelto Hector will serve as Minister of Communications, Works and Public Utilities, Posts, Physical Planning, Natural Resources, Environment, Agriculture, Lands, Housing, Cooperatives and Fisheries.Junior Minister, Carlisle Powell, will maintain his responsibilities for Communications, Works and Public Utilities, Posts, Physical Planning, Natural Resources and Environment while fellow Junior Minister, Dwight Cozier, was sworn in to retain responsibility for the Ministry of Trade and Industry with special focus on Trade, Consumer Affairs, Industry, Import and Export Control.Following the oath of allegiance, oath of office and oath of secrecy, Parry delivered an address outlining some of his administration’s plans for the next five years. The re-elected leader also spoke of the anti-crime initiatives and policies that will take effect.“My party fully understands that our first duty is to keep our citizens safe. This is a sacred duty: a duty that stands at the apex of our national responsibilities and endeavours,” Parry said, as he issued a unity challenge to the people of Nevis.“I implore all citizens of goodwill to band themselves together, to put your shoulders to the wheel in order for us to accomplish this great endeavour of stamping out crime. United in this great cause, we shall prevail,” he said.According to Parry, the NIA “would be harsh on crime and criminals” in order to ensure that “the safety and security of Nevisians will always be the number one priority.”In turn, Douglas congratulated the Nevis Reformation Party (NRP) team on being elected to a second term in office and said that, although his administration had worked, for many years with the former Concerned Citizens Movement (CCM) government, he was particularly pleased with the bond established between his St Kitts-Nevis Labour Party-led administration and that of the NRP.“I’ve had the support of the people and the blessings of God to work not only with the NRP government for [the] people of Nevis but also with the CCM government on behalf of the people of Nevis. They have been 16 beautiful years but I say to you this evening, that the last five years in particular have been positive and progressive five years with the NRP,” Douglas said.Caribbean News Now Sharing is caring! 47 Views   no discussions NewsRegional New Nevis cabinet sworn in by: – July 14, 2011center_img Tweet Share Sharelast_img read more

Continue Reading

Retired teacher robbed, killed

first_imgILOILO City – A 90-year-old retiredteacher living alone was robbed and killed in Barangay Tacas, Jaro district. The investigation is continuing. A neighbor, Espe Tabuada, told thepolice she did not suspect anything out of the ordinary although Argel’s houseseemed closed and she had not seen her come out. “This is a case of homicide androbbery,” said Defensor. “Her house was ransacked. Things were strewn allaround. Her money was gone.” Rosa Argel was found dead in herkitchen by nephew Leonel Songcuya, 47, at around 9 a.m. on Saturday. She hadhead injuries.center_img Defensor said the police already havea person of interest but declined to give details. A broken bottle was found near Argel.It may have been used to bludgeon her on the head, said Police Colonel MartinDefensor, city police director. “We are looking for witnesses andevidences,” said Defensor./PNlast_img read more

Continue Reading