Offshore installation and construction specialist McDermott has won a deal to install subsea equipment at Shell’s Silvertip field, which is part of Shell’s Perdido development in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico.McDermott said on Tuesday the contract was for subsea umbilical and flowline installation at the Perdido development, located 230 miles south of Galveston, Texas, in the Gulf of Mexico.The scope of work includes project management of engineering and installation of a flexible flowline from the well to a pipeline end termination; installation of an umbilical; installation of four electrical flying leads (EFLs) and pre-commissioning.Project management and engineering will be performed in Houston, Texas, with offshore installation by McDermott’s North Ocean 102 vessel targeted for completion in 2019.The Perdido production hub produces oil and gas from the Silvertip, Great White, and Tobago fields.McDermott did not share the financial details of the contract.
A construction information event is set to take place at Mytholmroyd Community Center on Thursday, 20 September, about the Mytholmroyd Flood Alleviation Scheme which will help protect 400 homes and businesses in the village.The flood alleviation scheme, which will cost in the region of £30m, has been developed by the Environment Agency in partnership with Calderdale Council and is expected to be completed by Winter 2019.Design and construction of the scheme is being carried out by main contractor VBA, a joint venture comprising VolkerStevin, Boskalis Westminster and SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business.Members of the project team will be on hand throughout the day to talk to visitors about the progress of the flood alleviation scheme, explain what work will be carried out in the future, provide information about the schedule of works and answer any questions about their work.Vital works to be completed as part of the scheme include construction of new, raised and improved flood walls, relocation of Caldene Bridge, widening of the river channel at key locations and flood proofing of the buildings next to the river.
Greensburg, In. — An inmate from Tennessee being held on four warrants in the Decatur County Jail died following a medical incident over the weekend.A report from Sheriff David Durant says Tisha White, 43, was found unconscious in her cell Saturday. She was immediately administered first aid and taken to the Decatur County Memorial Hospital. Later, she was flown to an Indianapolis area hospital where she died.The Indiana State Police are assisting with the ongoing investigation.
RelatedPosts Napoli Coach: Osimhen young lad with old brain Osimhen, Napoli bow to COVID-19 Breaking: Ighalo blocked Osimhen’s Man U move — Brother Lille have reportedly set a €50 million asking-price for rumoured Liverpool target Victor Osimhen according to reports in France. The Reds were linked with the 21-year-old last month with the forward shining in Ligue 1 this season, netting 17 goals in all competitions. Lille were in no mood to sell mid-season, but French outlet BuzzSport.fr, cited by Inside Futbol, claimed they are more open to a sale this summer providing a club meets their asking-price. And with the Ligue 1 side well aware of numerous interest in Osimhen, they are not willing to sell him on the cheap.Tags: BuzzSport.frLOSC LilleRedsVictor Osimhen
New York City lifted the curfew that had been in place due to protests against police brutality ahead of schedule on Sunday, after a peaceful night of demonstrations.“I want to thank everybody who has expressed their views peacefully,” Mayor Bill de Blasio said Sunday morning. “I made the decision to end the curfew. And honestly, I hope it’s the last time we will ever need a curfew in New York City.”Although he dropped the curfew, the mayor said he has not made a decision on whether to lift a ban on vehicles in Manhattan south of 96th Street after 8 p.m.The 8 p.m. citywide curfew, which was New York’s first in decades, was to remain in effect through at least Sunday, with officials planning to lift it when the city enters the first phase of reopening from the coronavirus.The mayor’s move followed New York City police also deciding to retreat on enforcing the curfew Saturday, as thousands of residents marched and rallied, following the May 25 death of George Floyd at the hands of Minneapolis police.New York City: We are lifting the curfew, effective immediately. Yesterday and last night we saw the very best of our city.Tomorrow we take the first big step to restart. Keep staying safe. Keep looking out for each other.— Mayor Bill de Blasio (@NYCMayor) June 7, 2020 The end of the curfew comes as the Big Apple prepares to start reopening some businesses on Monday, including manufacturing and construction companies, wholesalers and retailers.Retailers will still not be allowed to have customers inside for a few more weeks, although curbside pickup and delivery will be offered.Between 200,000 and 400,000 people are expected to return to their workplaces in the city Monday, many of them by taking a subway system that most have avoided due to difficulty maintain social distance.New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo is also reiterating his call for people who have attended protest marches to get tested for the coronavirus.”Get a test. Get a test,” the governor said Sunday, adding that the state plans to open 15 testing sites dedicated just to protesters so they can get results quickly. “I would act as if you were exposed, and I would tell people you are interacting with, assume I am positive for the virus.”
(REUTERS) – Sutton United will host 12-time FA Cup winners Arsenal in the fifth round with fellow non-league side Lincoln City facing a trip to Burnley as the Premier League clubs were kept apart in yesterday’s draw.Holders Manchester United, who last season matched Arsenal’s record FA Cup haul, are at Blackburn Rovers while Premier League leaders Chelsea also visit a Championship (second tier) club after being paired with Wolverhampton Wanderers.Tottenham Hotspur were handed a London derby at second-tier Fulham and Manchester City are away to Huddersfield Town. Oxford United visit Middlesbrough while Millwall host Leicester City or Derby County who replay their fourth-round tie on February 8.But it was the giant-killing non-league sides who again grabbed the headlines following Sutton’s victory against Leeds United and fellow fifth-tier club Lincoln’s win over Championship leaders Brighton & Hove Albion in round four.It is the first time two non-League clubs have progressed this far since the competition was reorganised more than 90 years ago. The pair can now look forward to money-spinning last-16 ties against top-flight opposition next month.
DEFENDING champions of the New Building Society (NBS) 40-over Second-Division cricket competition, the Georgetown Cricket Club (GCC) stormed to a five-wicket victory against the Gandhi Youth Organisation (GYO) at home yesterday. Winston Forrester led the winners with a good all-round performance. The off-spinner grabbed four wickets before he returned with the bat to score 38 runs.Inserted to take first strike, GYO batsmen were initially tentative, as it took more than two overs for them to get off the mark.Openers Yudistir Persaud and Christopher Deonarine put together 29 for the opening wicket, with the latter doing the damage.Deonarine clobbered three fours and a six, for 24 runs off 19 balls, before he fell to opening bowler Bernard Bailey. His partner batted slower for 23.Several other batsmen also had starts, but none dominated. Joshua Ramsammy and Neiland Cadogan (3×6) finished with 36 runs each, but both fell victims to Forrester, who cleaned up the middle order to finish with 4-44 from 7.4 over as GYO laboured to 192 in 38.4 overs.Bailey also nabbed three scalps, while Stephon Wilson took a pair.Jeetendra Sookdeo (39) and Timothy McAlmont (23) then carried the home team to 69 before GYO took a few wickets.Forrester (38 2×4) and youngster Mavindra Dindyal (28 1×4) steadied the innings in the middle before Ronaldo Alimohamed 32* (1×4, 2×6) and Bailey 12* (2×4) carried their team home in 37 overs.
The Pittsburgh report: Conner is back and he’s been one of Pittsburgh’s biggest threats all season. The 6-foot-2, 235-pound running back has rushed for 945 yards on 189 carries this season, scoring 14 touchdowns.Pitt recently upset the ACC’s best team in Clemson, 43-42. In that game, the Panthers capitalized on Heisman Trophy contender Deshaun Watson’s three interceptions, turning two of them into touchdowns.The Panthers are ranked in the top quarter of college football in a litany of statistics, including rushing offense (31st), rushing defense (4th) and red-zone offense (14th). The Panthers also rank 36th in third-down conversion rate. Pittsburgh’s biggest weakness, however, is its pass defense. It ranks 127th in yards allowed per game through the air and in the bottom 25 teams in Division I for pass yards allowed per attempt.“Having the ability to run the football in the ACC is a big thing. And they pride (themselves) with that offensive line,” SU head coach Dino Babers said. “And you turn around with their defense, they’re able to play, stop the run with some seven-man fronts.”Bryan Cereijo | Staff PhotographerHow Syracuse beats Pittsburgh: If Eric Dungey comes back for this game, which is highly unlikely, SU can push the Panthers through the air. Syracuse’s run game has struggled all year and can’t match up with the Panthers rush defense. If SU doesn’t sustain drives longer than a few minutes, the Panthers will likely grind out the clock with Conner.With Zack Mahoney, Syracuse’s path becomes less clear. An SU win will likely take Mahoney’s best performance of the year and at least the Orange’s second-best defensive effort of the year (its monumental effort against Virginia Tech is its best). Amba Etta-Tawo’s specialty has been deep touchdowns this season, and it’d likely take a minimum of two to put SU within striking distance.Player to watch: Quadree Henderson, Wide Receiver, No. 10The player to watch could easily be Conner, but most fans already know about the running back. As a wide receiver, Henderson has 49 carries, equivalent to about 4.5 per game, and racked up 452 yards on them. That’s good for 9.2 yards per carry and puts him second behind Conner in terms of total rushing yards.Henderson has also tallied 23 catches for 241 yards, good for 10.5 yards per reception. In total, he has five touchdowns — four rushing and one receiving.Henderson also averages 17.6 yards per punt on 11 returns and has one punt return touchdown. If Henderson’s 11 returns qualified for NCAA leaderboards, he’d be near the top, behind SU’s Brisly Estime, in the country for punt return average. The speedster also averages 32.2 yards per kick return and has taken three for touchdowns, good for fifth and first in the country, respectively. The 5-foot-8, 190-pound receiver was named a Midseason All-American as a returner by several outlets, including Sports Illustrated. Comments Facebook Twitter Google+ Syracuse (4-7, 2-5 Atlantic Coast) has one last chance to get itself into a bowl game against Pittsburgh (7-4, 4-3) on Saturday at Heinz Field at 12:30 p.m. Even with a win, the Orange would still need some help, but bowl eligibility would be out of the question if SU loses.Here’s what you need to know about the matchup.All-time series: 37-30-3, Pittsburgh (the Panthers are 3-0 against SU since the Orange joined the ACC in 2013)Last time they played: Pitt kicker Chris Blewitt didn’t blow it for the Panthers against Syracuse last year. After missing a 50-yard, first-quarter field goal, Blewitt drilled a 25-yard, fourth-quarter attempt as time expired to beat Syracuse, 23-20. The Orange led the game for 39 of the first 46 minutes, but Pittsburgh outscored SU, 13-3, after Syracuse took a 17-10 lead.In that game, Pittsburgh didn’t have running back James Conner, who played just one half the entire season after suffering an MCL injury in the season opener. He was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s lymphoma in December. Qadree Ollison replaced Conner, rushing 23 times for 103 yards and two touchdowns against SU.AdvertisementThis is placeholder textMORE COVERAGE:Syracuse may use two-linebacker rotation if Zaire Franklin can’t playHow Syracuse can sneak into a bowl gameEric Dungey doubtful against Pittsburgh Published on November 25, 2016 at 5:36 pm Contact Chris: email@example.com | @ChrisLibonati
A federal trial begins on Monday, January 7, to protect more than 50,000 immigrants and their families from being forcibly separated by deportation.Haitian immigrants affected by the termination of the Temporary Protected Status (TPS) program will gather with members of the Haitian community, allies including elected officials, faith leaders and immigration advocates, in front of the federal courthouse in Brooklyn on Monday January 7, the first day of a trial challenging the Trump Administration’s termination of the program last year.The end of the program puts more than 50,000 immigrants and their families at great risk if they are forced to return to Haiti. The case, Saget et al v. Trump, is the first trial to challenge the government’s unlawful termination of TPS and the Trump’s administration’s record of racial hostility against immigrants, particularly Haitians. Plaintiffs in the suit argue the Trump administration’s decision to terminate TPS status for Haitians was unlawful and unconstitutional, and motivated by President Trump’s public racial animus towards Haitians and other immigrants of color. Experts on the conditions in Haiti, and former DHS officials are scheduled to testify at the trial about why these immigrants should not be deported to Haiti and about documented racial attitudes within the agency. Saget et al v. Trump is one of five lawsuits currently in the courts fighting against the separation of TPS holders and their families.Plaintiffs are represented by NIPNLG, Kurzban Kurzban Tetzeli and Pratt PA, and Mayer Brown.
Photo credit: Feedingsouthflorida.org Feeding South Florida, the largest food bank in the state, has launched a weekly grocery distribution effort at the Palm Beach outlets shopping center, beginning this week.The drive-up distribution will take place every Monday morning from 9 to 11 a.m. through June 1. Distributions will be done in the parking lot.The program is operating on a “first-come, first-served” basis, available to anyone who needs food supplies. The distribution bags contain a week’s supply of fresh produce, milk, eggs and a protein, plus other essentials.After Monday’s effort, the organizers said they were able to feed about 800 families, but had to turn away hundreds more. Their goal is to feed 1,000 families each week.Feeding South Florida said it has seen a 600% increase in demand for food since the COVID-19 pandemic began in Florida. They have reportedly distributed over 9 million pounds of food in South Florida to 160,000 households in just the few weeks of COVID-19.The food bank has also increased its staff and extended operation hours to 24-hours a day.